Saturday, August 29, 2009

Changes

Aug 27, 2009 - First day of getting a patient assignment in clinicals. I held a newborn in my arms as it cried. My heart actually ached. Wow.

I've made some changes in my diet and habits to prepare for a baby.

  1. I'm going on three weeks of no caffeine. This is one of the hardest things to break but I have not slipped not one time. Not even a sip. I no longer drink coffee to stay awake and study for tests or for class. For those that know me and my sleepy habits, this is VERY TOUGH. I've made sure to make use of my time wisely and sleep early to get a good night's rest.
  2. I've been taking Prenatals for about 2 months now. I hate big pills; they make me gag. But I've grown accustomed to these also.
  3. I'm drinking a lot of water. I'm not a fan of water, but I've found that mixing water and Crystal Light is tolerable.
  4. I'm trying to exercise more consistently. However, with my schedule this has been near to impossible. I want to carry a baby with no problems and have a much smoother delivery.
  5. I'm eating more fruits and vegetables.
  6. I've lessened my sweets and candy intake. For those that know me, this is also an achievement. I am or I thought I was addicted to sweets after every meal. Apparently not.

Preparing for a good pregnancy will be very beneficial for baby and myself. Although these seem like small accomplishments, I am proud to have started them with the intentions of my future baby's health in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment