Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Still waiting...

I was supposed to have a little visit with Mother Nature the week of Sept 13-19.  But lo and behold, this has not happened yet. GASP! Trust me, I have done my fair share of pregnancy tests. I should buy stocks in Pregnancy Tests.  They have all tested negative. 

My nursing friends - who are all moms for the most part - tell me that if I don't follow the directions EXACTLY as the pregnancy test states, then it could be a false negative.  Heather - told me that I had to look real closely at the result.  She said that the extra line could be so faint that it could have been missed.  Yes, I actually went home last night and "fished" the test out of the trash. No extra lines.

I know I have plenty of time to have a baby. It's not that really.  To me, the worse part is the NOT KNOWING.  I don't understand why I haven't started my period yet.  I have been regular since I was on birth control and even before that.  I am like a child.  If I want something, I WANT IT NOW. If I want to know something, I WANT TO KNOW NOW.

Also, I would like to know if I am pregnant, so that I can even make more efforts in keeping myself healthy. For ex: WORK.  I am constantly straining my body to lift, push, pull patients at work.  I'm sure this is not conducive to a safe pregnancy.  I'm also on my feet for most of the duration -whether it's 4, 6, or 12 hrs.  I want to be able to take it a little easier at work so that I don't hurt my future baby. I guess I could do that now, but the workaholic in me refuses to do so.

I guess I will wait a couple more weeks. If Mother Nature does not visit, then I will call my physician.  In the mean time, I will wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment