Sunday, January 31, 2010

First OB visit

Jan. 29, 2010 was our first ever OB visit with Dr.Keeley.  Charlie and I took the entire day off from work so we could spend time together and get some errands done.

Our visit was at the Boiling Springs Womens Care.  I usually go to Shelby Womens Care but I guess Dr.Keeley was at Boilings Springs that day.  The facility was really nice. I actually liked it more because it was less crowded.  I hate coming into Shelby Womens Care and everyone look at you as you come in and sit down. 

A lady explained all the insurance stuff and costs to us. It was not as expensive as I thought it would be to have a baby. Thank Goodness for insurance.  They're also doing a payment plan for us so that we don't have to pay all at one time. She also asked me and Charlie about our family history.  The only thing we have in our family histories are Diabetes and Hypertension.  Charlie and I are very fortunate that we don't have any genetic defects on either side of the family. 

The visit continued on with a regular check up and last but not least - the ULTRA SOUND!!  It was really surreal seeing my little one on the screen. Even though I know I am pregnant, I kept expecting it to be not real. Like they had made mistake and I really wasn't pregnant. I don't know if that makes sense.  It's just that for the first weeks, you have no idea how your baby is doing because you don't feel it and you can't see it.  I kept thinking that something could go wrong and the baby wouldn't be there anymore......I'm paranoid. I know this.

When he showed us the baby, Charlie and I were elated!! Seriously, I kept giggling and laughing. The screen kept moving because I was giggling so hard. The words "Wow. It's really in there" popped out of my mouth.  It was one of the happiest days of my life. It was sheer joy to see our little one for the first time. 


Welcome Baby G. Some say he/she already looks like me :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment