Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How I told Charlie

After the doctor's office confirmed I was pregnant, I was on a mission. I really wanted to do something special for Charlie.  So after my errands, I went to the Cleveland Mall and bought a little baby bear and a beautiful picture frame.  On the picture frame are these words "Before you were in this world...you were in our hearts."  I took some of my pretty scrapbook paper and used it as a background.  I typed up "I love you Daddy!" Can't wait to meet you on September 4, 2010!!" and glued it on the background paper.  I placed this as a picture holder until little "Baby G" comes into this world. 




I was sooo excited for Charlie to get home. My hands were shaking when I was doing the picture frame.  I couldn't decide when to tell him.  Believe it or not, I didn't tell him right as he got home.  Now, Charlie doesn't get home until around 7pm..so I've kept this secret ALL day!!!

We ate his absolute favorite meal. Adobo (chicken cooked in soy sauce with garlic and onions), macaroni and cheese, veggies and rice for me.. I even used our "good" dishes and lit up the candles on the dining room table.

I let him eat and talk about his day.  I don't remember much of what we talked about because I was trying to plan how to tell him!!

After supper, I went to give him a hug and kiss and told him I had bought him a surprise today.  Usually I'm rash and buy him things I shouldn't, so he said, "Oh you shouldn't have."  I told him to close his eyes and to keep them close!!  I went to get the bear and hid it behind my back.  He still had his eyes closed so I laid the bear on the dining room table.  I said, "Keep them close and hold out your hands."  He held them out. And instead of putting the bear in his hands. I took his hands and put both of them on my belly.  All I said was "Ok" and then silence.

I guess it only took Charlie a few seconds to understand what was going on. His eyes popped open and he yelled "Are we pregnant???!!!"  I said," We're pregnant!!!!"  That's when we hugged, kissed, squealed and acted like a bunch of little kids.  It was really incredible.  I would rate it as one of my all time favorite moment of my life.

Later that day, we told both of our parents. They were really excited and happy for us. We called close family members and was really too excited to go to bed. But we did.

So now, all that I want to tell has been told.  The rest will hear from others I guess.  My mom and Charlie's mom probably have already told all of Rutherford County by now :0)...

Life is Good.. Charlie and I can't wait to meet "Baby G"!

2 comments:

  1. Gina, you and Charlie are going to make wonderful parents. I am looking forward to having another lil'one to spoil! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again!! I am soo excited for you two :) Love you~

    ReplyDelete